Experience. Engage. Lead.
We’ve renamed our summer intern program, and we are excited for summer 2020!
If you are a high school graduate or college student who is interested in a summer of serving your brothers and sisters, leading U.S. teams volunteering in Mexico, honing your Spanish skills, and eating a lot of good tacos, then our college leadership program might be a great fit!
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Leading U.S. groups on the job site as a liaison (a “go-between”) between them and the FM staff and volunteers
- Taking photos and videos of the group working and making friends
- Engaging with the groups from the U.S. and making them feel welcome in Mexico
- Being a professional and friendly resource for groups during their stay in Mexico
- If you have a special skill (medical, teaching English, blog writing, etc.), we would be happy to utilize it!
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to come during one of the scheduled slots (unless another time is agreed upon with FM staff)
- Must sign covenant upon acceptance into program and obey all covenant rules during your time here
WE TAKE CARE OF:
- Transportation across the border and around Mexico
- Most meals (your lunch/dinner will be covered when teams are in town)
- Your flight/transportation to McAllen, TX
- Breakfast and some meals (you’ll have the opportunity to go to the grocery store for anything you need)
This summer, we’ll be filling the following scheduled slots:
- May 21-August 1
- Option 1: May 21 – June 27
- Option 2: June 25 – August 1
- Option 1: May 21-June 13 (3 weeks)
- Option 2: June 11-July 11 (4 weeks)
- Option 3: July 9-August 1 (3 weeks)
If there is a time you would like to come that does not fit within these scheduled slots, please let us know in the application, and we will do our best to accommodate; the minimum length of stay is 3 weeks.
ARRIVALS: We will ask you to arrive at anytime on Thursday, and we will spend the following day (Friday) in training and orientation. The group(s) for your first week will arrive Saturday or Sunday.
DEPARTURES: We will ask you to depart on Saturday.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis (the sooner you apply, the better); the last day to submit an application is Friday, April 17.
- Submit your online application
- You cannot save and return to the application, so make sure you have all the information you need before you begin.
- You must have a reference (an adult who knows you well – youth pastor, supervisor, family friend, etc.); you will enter his/her contact information in your online application, and we will reach out to him/her.
- Your reference fills out an online form
- We will email your reference a form to fill out – the sooner they fill out that form, the better, as we cannot accept your application until that form is filled out.
- Skype or phone chat
- After receiving your reference’s online form, we will email you to scheduled an informal chat over Skype, FaceTime, or phone.
- Decision time!
- The Faith Ministry staff will make a decision about your application and let you know over email.