Board of Directors’ Visit
We have a Board of Directors made up of 12 people who help to guide the ministry and encourage the staff, and twice a year, they come down to the border to spend time with us. This month during their visit, they laid blocks and poured columns at the Deantin community center in Naranjito, had an equipping and empowerment session with the staff, and had meetings with David and Colleen to hear how the year has been and plan together for where the ministry is going. It was a wonderful time together, and we are so thankful for each of them!
Sewing Class Back in Action
This month, we restarted our sewing program after a years-long hiatus. The program is being led by our friend from the community, Lupita, and anyone who attends will learn anything from the basics to the advanced techniques of sewing. We have already seen a lot of interest and excitement from the community. so we are glad to have this blessing back as part of the ministry!
This month was Mexico’s Independence Day on September 16. In honor of the day, our church in Miguel Alemán hosted a celebration, full of good food and fun! Viva Cristo!
Big Projects in the Works
We have some exciting projects that we’re working on! This month, we had a visit from our architect Arturo, which made us even more excited for what’s ahead. First, we are gearing up to finish the year strong at the Deantin community center in Naranjito. Arturo helped us draw up plans for the center back in 2019, and revisiting the area with him today helped us envision what’s next. And second, we are working on an extension of the main Reynosa complex! 🎉 This will be a years-long project, but we are looking forward to making plans, with Arturo’s help, that will allow us to utilize the additional space to bless the community, as well as our local staff. God is truly good!
Our new merch for 2022 is FINALLY available online! We have several new shirts available this year:
- Our 2022 “making a difference, one at a time” (pictured on Colleen)
- A simple navy soft t-shirt with the Faith Ministry logo (pictured here)
- A white cotton t-shirt with the Faith Ministry logo
Plus, we have two new Que Pasa Dude colors available! You can also shop our past t-shirts, including older Que Pasa Dude colors. All “prices” listed are suggested donations, and the funds collected will go right back into serving the communities here on the border in Mexico. Shop now at faithministry.org/merch.
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Luz, our construction supervisor in Miguel Alemán, who is dealing with health issues. Pray for good news for him and continued peace and good health.
- Omar, our administrator in Reynosa, who is healing from a fall, then surgery, earlier this year. Pray for his strength and healing as he continues toward full recovery.
- Ana Maria, our caretaker at the clinic, who is dealing with shoulder issues. Pray for her healing and recovery.
- The health of our staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, and friends around the world
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
In Case You Missed It
Over on our social media, we’ve been introducing you to our staff every Wednesday! Over the next several weeks and months, you’ll see a staff spotlight every week to be able to get to know each of the amazing people who work here at the ministry.
Thank you for everything you do to support Faith Ministry! We appreciate your donations, your prayers, and your dedication to the ministry.