First Group in Reynosa!
We were thrilled this month to welcome the first official group back to Reynosa since March 2020! Barbara and Carol from Covenant Presbyterian in Pennsylvania spent a week with us building Casa #10, participating in our other programs like children’s nutrition, infant feeding, the garden, and grocery packages, reuniting with their old friends, and making new ones. You can hear their reflection on the week here on our Facebook page.
It was a great week, and it felt so good for us to host a team again. We have a full schedule lined up for the fall, and we can’t wait to see everyone!
A Visit to Indianapolis
This month, David and Colleen took a trip up to Indianapolis, where they were invited to participate in the Missions Fest at Southport Presbyterian. While there, they also got to see friends from Irvington Presbyterian, Old Bethel United Methodist, and Trinity Lutheran. It was wonderful to see familiar faces again, and we are so thankful to everyone who made our trip a success!
Celebrating in Miguel Alemán
As you may know, September 16 is Independence Day in Mexico! Our church in Miguel Alemán celebrated with a special gathering where they shared a meal and gave out grocery packages, and Pastor Benito talked about how Christ breaks chains. What a great way to celebrate!
Board of Directors In Town
As we write this, our Board of Directors is visiting us for the first time since their last in-person meeting in March 2020! It is so great to have them back with us, as we reflect on the year past, plan for the year ahead, and enjoy fellowship time together.
2021 T-Shirts Now Available
Our new 2021 t-shirts are now available online! We thought the idea of staying united would be fitting for this year’s shirt, so the 2021 shirt is a teal one with “Siempre Unidos, Always United” on the front.
We also have two NEW colors for our classic Que Pasa Dude shirts – a crowd favorite light purple and a new navy with light blue writing. Get yours now at https://faithministry.org/merch!
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Nancy, the wife of our executive director David, who is having a follow-up procedure this week to an operation last year , so pray for that procedure, for her medical team, and for her health.
- Ana, our caretaker at the clinic, who has been dealing with health issues. Pray for her healing and recovery.
- Luz, our construction supervisor in Miguel Alemán, whose sister passed away this week. Pray for their family as they deal with this difficult loss.
- Continued peace and safety in Reynosa and Miguel Alemán and for our staff and the families that live there
- The health of our staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, and friends around the world
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Staff Vaccine Update
We are SO excited to report that our entire staff in the U.S. and Mexico is fully vaccinated! 🎉 We are continuing to take all necessary precautions, but we are thrilled that all of our staff now has an extra level of protection.
Thank you for everything you do to support Faith Ministry! We appreciate your donations, your prayers, and your dedication to the ministry.