Nutrition Programs Back Up and Running!
Our children’s nutrition programs in Reynosa and Miguel Alemán started back up this month with kids coming for a grab-and-go meal, plus some songs to start their day. It’s been great seeing their faces again, and they’re all doing an excellent job of staying safe by sanitizing their hands and wearing masks.
We also reopened our medical clinic in Reynosa this month to general consultations with strict safety protocols in place, and our infant feeding program has also been starting up again, slowly but surely. You can see all of our updates regarding our response to the coronavirus on our website and follow along for more on our Facebook page!
Catching Up with the Staff
This month, David and Colleen visited Reynosa to check on the different areas of Faith Ministry and catch up with some of our staff. What we learned from talking to them is that, above all, they miss the groups and the presence of their friends from the U.S. They send hugs to everyone, pray that everyone stays safe, and hope to see everyone again soon. Click to watch the video of our chats with the staff!
Click to watch our chats with some of our staff!
We have tried our best this year to not let the pandemic affect our scholarship program too much because we know the efforts that our students put into their studies and the commitment their sponsors have to them.
For the past month and a half, we’ve been wrapping up last school year and gathering information about the current school year, including how our students are studying. Many younger ones are studying through lessons on the local TV stations and sending homework through WhatsApp, while a lot of older ones are tuning into classes on Zoom and communicating with their teachers and classmates through e-mail. It’s been challenging for many families, especially for ones without Internet access in their homes.
It’s been a strange year for students, teachers, and parents, so continue to keep them all in your prayers!
Don’t Forget to Shop AmazonSmile!
We know that many of you have been using Amazon to shop safely over the past several months, and did you know that Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to Faith Ministry if you use AmazonSmile?
- Go to smile.amazon.com.
- When it prompts you to choose a charity, search for “Faith Ministry Ministerio de Fe.”
- That’s it! Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase back to us
BONUS! If you use Google Chrome or Firefox, download these plugins to make sure you use Amazon Smile every time you shop on Amazon in the future!
- Chrome: Smile Always (http://tinyurl.com/mdff3sc)
- Firefox: Amazon Smiley (https://tinyurl.com/y5dxp79d)
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Marisela, our cook and caretaker in Reynosa, who is suffering from back issues. Pray that she is able to get the medical help that she needs and can heal safely and quickly.
- Lupe and his family, as they continue to grieve the loss of their three family members, including Angel. Pray especially for Lupe’s physical and mental health, as well as strength, comfort, and peace for their family.
- Omar, our administrator in Reynosa, who is doing better with his health, but still needs prayers for continued recovery.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
“For I Am With You…”
We know times are tough, and our faith has been put to the test. But remember God is with us every step of the way. Our hope is in Him. Click to watch some of our staff share encouraging verses from Scripture.
Click to watch some of our staff share encouraging verses from Scripture.
Thank you for everything you do to support Faith Ministry! We appreciate your donations, your prayers, and your dedication to the ministry.