Celebrating 28 Years!
This month, Faith Ministry celebrated its 28th anniversary of making a difference here on the border in Mexico! We are honored and humbled to continue working here day in and day out and to be partnered with so many wonderful friends across the U.S. We are thankful to where God has brought us and pray for many, many more years ahead for the ministry! Take some time to read about our founder Deantin Guerra and how Faith Ministry got its start.
Groups & Houses
October marked the start of our busiest season so far of 2022! In this month alone, we have welcomed seven groups who have built eight houses here in Reynosa, and there’s more to come in November. In addition to building homes, the groups have also helped with our children’s nutrition program, worked in our community garden, and delivered grocery packages to our neighbors in need. It has been an amazing time of fellowship, joy, and blessing!
We are already filling up our calendar for 2023, so if you are interested in bringing a group, check out our schedule for available weeks, and get in touch with Colleen!
We are preparing for our Christmas fiestas in December, and we are happy to say that we are returning to more “normal” fiestas this year! We will have a fiesta for all of the families that we’ve built homes for this year with songs, prayer, grocery packages, toys, and a good meal; fiestas for our children at our different nutrition programs; a fiesta for our staff; and church fiestas. In addition to these fiestas, we will also deliver grocery packages door-to-door. In total, we hope to be able to bless more than 1,000 people through our fiestas this year.
Here’s how you can help this year:
- Come visit and participate: The fiestas will take place from December 13-17, and we would love to have you down here with us. Email Colleen to coordinate your visit.
- Donate: The Christmas fiestas require a great deal of financial resources, so any contribution you can make will make a difference. You can donate online at faithministry.org/give or mail a check payable to Faith Ministry to PO Box 756, McAllen, TX 78505.
- Send soccer balls and/or toys: We ask that any donations be NEW and arrive to our McAllen office by December 1. The best address to use is our physical one – 510 N 21st St, McAllen, TX 78501.
Our desire in these Christmas fiestas is for these families to know that the REAL reason for the season is Jesus and his unconditional love for them and that they can find HOPE in him, especially during the tough times. We appreciate your support so much – we would truly not be able to do any of this without you.
We Need Your Help
Our nutrition fund is running low, and we need your help! The rising cost of food is having a major impact on our nutrition programs. Every month, through these programs, we:
- Deliver 150 grocery packages in Reynosa, Miguel Alemán, and Monterrey
- Provide breakfast for up to 35 kids five days a week in Reynosa
- Provide a meal for up to 50 kids twice a week in Miguel Alemán
The funding for these programs is running very low, and we are at risk of having to reduce the number of grocery packages we deliver per month. Because the families in our community are struggling right now, we do NOT want this to happen.
HOW CAN I HELP?
- $30 covers a grocery package for one family.
- $150 provides kids’ meals for one day.
- $750 provide kids’ meals for one week.
- $4,000 covers our monthly goal of 150 grocery packages.
Any amount helps, and every dollar counts! You can donate online at faithministry.org/give, or you can send a check payable to Faith Ministry to PO Box 756, McAllen, TX 78505.
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Luz, our construction supervisor in Miguel Alemán, who received a difficult health diagnosis this month. Pray for his healing, as well as peace for him and his family as he deals with what comes next.
- Omar, our administrator in Reynosa, who continues to recover from a fall, then surgery, earlier this year. Pray for his strength and healing as he continues toward full recovery.
- The health of our staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, and friends around the world
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
In Case You Missed It
Over on our social media, we’ve been introducing you to our staff every Wednesday! You’ll see a staff spotlight every week to be able to get to know each of the amazing people who work here at the ministry.
Stay tuned on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about the people that help make this ministry run smoothly each and every day!
Thank you for everything you do to support Faith Ministry! We appreciate your donations, your prayers, and your dedication to the ministry.