Final Groups of the Year
This month, we wrapped up our fall season of teams with groups from Virginia, Indianapolis, North Carolina, and Alabama who built a total of five houses. Our staff and volunteers started construction on two more houses this month, bringing our total for 2023 to 30 houses.
And volunteering with a group is more than building a house. Each team also helps with our other programs, including our children’s nutrition and grocery package programs, which introduce them to brothers and sisters in the community that they wouldn’t meet otherwise.
For the past couple of years, we have been developing our staff health initiative. The purpose is to help our staff focus on all aspects of their own health in order to serve in their positions to the best of their capabilities and to be the best versions of themselves. This week, we have had our good friend Tony, a psychologist and graduate of our partners at Berea Bible Institute, in Reynosa for multiple days of seminars and training with our staff focused around mental and emotional health.
They learned that human beings are always under construction, and every day, there is some way to improve; Tony shared about taking care of your own identity and giving value to your name, that a person can be generous and supportive of others as long as they learn to respect and love who they are. They learned that everyone always has something to share. These lessons, combined with Tony’s hands-on approach and dynamic activities, are so valuable to our staff.
One Family at a Time
This month, we shared about a family we met recently. Jaqueline is 23 years old, and she has two daughters: Genesis, who is seven, and Arleth, who is three. They live with her partner in a cinderblock structure that was never finished; it’s missing a floor, and they use old sheets as coverings for the windows and door. Jaqueline and her family are fighting against what seem like impossible obstacles, stuck in a cycle with little hope. And there are hundreds, if not thousands, of families, just like Jaqueline’s, living in the areas where we work in Mexico.
Believe us when we tell you, there is still so much need along the border in Mexico. In the past 29 years, we have built homes, provided medical services and educational scholarships, delivered food, and so much more to tens of thousands of individuals and families. Yet, there are still so many more who need our help, who need hope.
As we wrap up this year, consider a gift to Faith Ministry. With that gift, you will provide hope to families living in conditions like these. You will share and show the love of God to those who most desperately need it.
- Visit faithministry.org/give to make a one-time donation
- Or take it a step further and visit faithministry.org/give-monthly to sign up for a monthly donation that will continue to bless families month after month.
- Easily give from your phone through Venmo (@faithministrymx).
- Send a check payable to Faith Ministry to PO Box 756, McAllen, TX 78505.
- We accept stocks as gifts! Contact David at email@example.com for instructions.
Calling All Creative People!
If you can believe it, our 30th anniversary year is upon us! And we want a special logo to celebrate, just like we had for our 25th anniversary. We know we have some artistic and creative folks in our Faith Ministry family, so we want you to get involved!
What we’re looking for:
- A logo design that will be used throughout the year (think social media, communications, t-shirts, and more)
- Unique, but recognizable as Faith Ministry
- Celebrates the impact of 30 years of ministry
Send in your design submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 8! If you have any questions or want more information, let us know. Muchas gracias!
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Benito, who leads our spiritual growth program in Miguel Alemán, as he continues to deal with issues alongside his family. Pray for him, his wife, and his children as they go through some difficult times.
- Omar, who continues to battle a wide variety of health issues. He remains in Monterrey, and we ask for your continued prayers for his health, wellbeing, and recovery, as well as for his comfort and peace.
- The health of our staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, and friends around the world
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
In Case You Missed It
Live from Reynosa… Check out a special message from David and Colleen!
Thank you for everything you do to support Faith Ministry! We appreciate your donations, your prayers, and your dedication to the ministry.