Wrapping Up the Fall Season
This month, we hosted the last groups and built the last houses of 2022! What an amazing season it was – in seven weeks, we hosted 10 groups with 85 volunteers from the U.S., built 12 houses, and poured 10 roofs. We also had visitors this month from First United Methodist Church in McAllen and Highland Park United Methodist Church in Dallas. It was a wonderful way to close out the season!
Our Christmas fiestas are quickly approaching, and we still need your help! We’ll be returning to more “normal” fiestas, and we hope to be able to bless more than 1,000 people through these fiestas this year.
Here’s how you can help this year:
- Come visit and participate: The fiestas will take place from December 14-17, and we would love to have you down here with us. Email Colleen to coordinate your visit.
- Donate: The Christmas fiestas require a great deal of financial resources, so any contribution you can make will make a difference. You can donate online at faithministry.org/give or mail a check payable to Faith Ministry to PO Box 756, McAllen, TX 78505.
- Send soccer balls and/or toys: We ask that any donations be NEW and arrive to our McAllen office AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (no later than December 5). The best address to use is our physical one – 510 N 21st St, McAllen, TX 78501.
Our desire in these Christmas fiestas is for these families to know that the REAL reason for the season is Jesus and his unconditional love for them and that they can find HOPE in him, especially during the tough times. We appreciate your support so much – we would truly not be able to do any of this without you.
Shop with Us for Christmas
Instead of buying more and more for your loved ones this holiday season, you might be looking for ways to gift them something that truly makes a difference. Enter our Alternative Giving Program.
You can purchase alternative gifts for your friends and family, and those gifts represent donations made to Faith Ministry in honor of your loved one.
We have updated gifts this year that we know would mean a lot to those you love, so shop now!
Mexico has “Pneumonia”
The programs of the ministry are running smoothly, and we have an excellent staff that is seeing to the needs of the community each and every day. But we have noticed a scary trend in the last several months. I’m sure you all have too. And our brothers and sisters in Mexico certainly have.
Prices were gradually rising, and now, they’ve skyrocketed. You’re probably spending more on your family’s groceries. You might be getting some sticker shock when you fill up your car’s tank. Maybe your back-to- school shopping put a strain on your budget, or maybe Christmas is going to look different for you and your family this year.
Let me share something with you – when the U.S. suffers an economic crisis, Mexico experiences that same crisis tenfold.
In other words, when the U.S. gets a cold, Mexico gets pneumonia. And right now, Mexico has pneumonia.
That’s why now, more than ever, families in Reynosa, Miguel Alemán, and Monterrey need a ministry like Faith Ministry. They need a helping hand. They need programs like ours that can make a difference in their lives during some of the worst times.
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Luz, our construction supervisor in Miguel Alemán, who is currently beginning treatment for a difficult health diagnosis he received last month. Pray for his healing, as well as peace for him and his family.
- Omar, our administrator in Reynosa, who continues to recover from a fall, then surgery, earlier this year. Pray for his strength and healing as he continues toward full recovery.
- Families on the border in Mexico as the cold temperatures become more frequent in these winter months. Pray for their protection and safety this season.
- The health of our staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, and friends around the world
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
In Case You Missed It
Every year, hundreds of families are impacted by Faith Ministry in one way or another, whether it’s through a new house, medical assistance, an educational scholarship, a grocery package, and more.
For the next several weeks on our social media, we are going to be introducing you each week to a family that has been impacted by the work we do. Even more so, we hope you see the ways that God has moved and worked in their lives this year.
In His Name and for His Glory, one starfish at at time ❤️
This holiday season, you may be doing some shopping on Amazon. Did you know that you can support Faith Ministry while you shop?
Use AmazonSmile while you shop, and they’ll donate 0.5% of your purchase back to us! It’s easy to do:
- Go to smile.amazon.com.
- When it prompts you to choose a charity, search for “Faith Ministry Ministerio de Fe.”
- That’s it! Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase back to us
If you use Google Chrome or Firefox, download these plugins to make sure you use Amazon Smile every time you shop on Amazon in the future!
- Chrome: Smile Always (http://tinyurl.com/mdff3sc)
- Firefox: Amazon Smiley (https://tinyurl.com/y5dxp79d)
Thank you for everything you do to support Faith Ministry! We appreciate your donations, your prayers, and your dedication to the ministry.