Wrapping Up Construction
This month, we finished up house construction for 2019, building two more houses and pouring two roofs with a mission work group from North Carolina and pouring three additional roofs with our staff and volunteers. We are happy to report that this year, we built a total of 34 houses in Reynosa and five houses in Miguel Alemán – 39 families will have a safe and secure place to live because of support from people like you. Thank you for making 2019 a fantastic year for so many families!
If you want to get involved and build a house in Mexico in 2020, let us know! We still have spots available in our schedule for groups next year, and we would love to work with you.
Nutrition Program Going Strong
We are seeing a lot of smiling faces in Miguel Alemán through our nutrition program! The children’s nutrition program at the new community center there is up and running, and over 20 kids are coming each week for a hearty meal. The staff in Miguel Alemán is now running the program in three locations – at the community center, at our church complex, and at the mission in Guardados de Arriba. We are so thrilled to see children getting not only physical, but also spiritual nourishment through this program!
Christmas Fiestas Coming Up
There is still time to get involved in our Christmas fiestas!
1. Send soccer balls & volleyballs!
You can send new soccer balls AND/OR volleyballs to our street address at 510 N 21st St, McAllen, TX 78501; preferred size for soccer balls is size 5 (standard adult size), and both soccer balls and volleyballs can come deflated or inflated.
If you’re ordering online and having them shipped to us, please add your name to the shipping address (ex: “ATTN: Joe Smith”). It helps us to know who the packages are coming from.
Please send them to arrive as soon as possible!
Go to faithministry.org/give and on the form, select “Christmas Fiestas” under “Use My Donation For.”
3. Come to Mexico and participate!
We expect hundreds of kids and families to come to these Christmas fiestas, and we need all the help we can get! Come on down to the border and help us coordinate activities, serve meals, distribute soccer balls and food packages, and more. The fiestas this year will be December 12 – 15, 2019; see the full schedule here. You can come anytime during those days – just coordinate with Colleen, and we’ll arrange your stay here!
Gift through Faith Ministry this Christmas
This Christmas, gift your family, friends, and loved ones with gifts that will make a difference in someone’s life by shopping our Alternative Giving Program. You pick the gifts and pay by credit card or check, we’ll send a card by email or snail mail to your friend or family member, and together you will make a difference.
Order anytime and schedule their card to arrive by email on Christmas Day (or any day!) or order by December 18 for a physical card to arrive by Christmas.
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Pedro Silva Garcia, the president of Netzer Presbytery in Mexico City, under which Faith Ministry’s churches operate, passed away this month. Please join us in praying for his family, as well as his friends and colleagues at Netzer.
- Julio, Norma, their baby, and Norma’s parents, as they continue to recover from the house fire last month. Thanks to support from all of you, we are continuing to meet their needs. The land has been cleaned up, and their damaged house has been torn down; the next step will be preparing the land to build a new house. We will continue to keep you updated on how you can help; in the meantime, continue praying for them.
- The health and well-being of our staff, volunteers, Board members, and their families in Mexico and the U.S. as we wrap up the year!
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
25 Years in Photos & Videos
Here’s a shot from the Christmas fiestas back in 1999! Deantin is dressed up like Santa Claus with some of the staff and volunteers, including Aurora, the ministry’s first secretary, and Barbara from Indiana, who, along with her husband Bill, helped with the ministry’s administration a lot in the early days.
Here we are, 20 years later, excited to be preparing for our Christmas fiestas next month!