Mission Work Groups
This month, we hosted a group from Indiana and a group from Pennsylvania, each for a week, plus a group from a local McAllen church for a morning of volunteering in Reynosa. Together with these groups, we built two houses, delivered grocery packages to families, played and laughed with the kids at the children’s nutrition program, and continued to foster friendships with our Mexican brothers and sisters.
As you are likely aware, an incident occurred this month in the city of Matamoros, about an hour and a half away from where we work. You can read Faith Ministry’s response and hear from two people who were here during that week. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Colleen at email@example.com.
Progress at the Deantin Community Center
We have been making excellent progress at the Deantin community center in Naranjito, and this month, we spent some time there to walk through and determine where all of the switches and outlets would be located. Our next step in construction is to pour the cement ring, but before you do that, you have to insert the conduits down through the blocks, so this was a necessary task for us to complete. After the cement ring is poured, the next step is the roof…. who wants to join us for a massive roof pour? 🎉
Providing Nutrition for Kids
Our children’s nutrition programs in Reynosa, Miguel Alemán, and Guardados de Arriba are all thriving! In Reynosa, we’ve been making special efforts to ensure the kids feel loved and appreciated. We make sure to know each child’s birthday so that we can celebrate them. In Miguel Alemán, we are growing and are now serving meals to around 45 kids three days a week. And in Guardados de Arriba, a rural community outside of Miguel Alemán, our church has been providing spiritual support to children and adults, in addition to weekly meals.
This is all possible because of support from people like you, so thank you! If you would like to help make a difference, you can easily donate online. Muchas gracias!
College Leadership Program
We are so excited for summer 2023 and our College Leadership Program! We are looking for high school grads/college students (at least 18+) who are eager to serve in Mexico with us this summer, leading mission work groups on the job sites, engaging with groups and local volunteers and staff, and helping Faith Ministry wherever needed.
Things you need to know:
- We are accepting applications on a rolling basis, so the sooner you apply, the better!
- We have a 10-week summer from May 20 to July 29. You can come anytime during that time, but you have to stay for at least three weeks.
- You’ll have an informal Skype/FaceTime/phone call as part of the application process so we can get to know you better!
Here’s to a great summer! 🌞
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Omar, who is still dealing with a wide variety of health issues stemming from his fall and subsequent knee surgery last year, as well as a foot infection and subsequent surgery in December. He is still in Monterrey with his family, and we ask for your continued prayers for his health, wellbeing, and recovery, as well as for his comfort and peace.
- Praise! Luz, our construction supervisor in Miguel Alemán, is still doing well post-treatment, but will continue to be monitored. He has returned to work, and we are glad to have him back! Continue to keep him in your prayers for health and strength.
- The health of our staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, and friends around the world
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Our infant feeding program is growing in Reynosa and has expanded to Naranjito. This means we need more baby formula!
How You Can Help:
- Purchase baby formula online and send it to PO Box 756, McAllen, TX 78505. It can be any brand of formula for infants 0 to 12 months (for example, Similac on Walmart or Amazon).
- Provide ongoing funding for this program on a monthly basis; you can do that through our website or by calling our office at 956-631-3567.
- Provide a one-donation to this program online or by sending a check payable to Faith Ministry to PO Box 756, McAllen, TX 78505.
Thank you for everything you do to support Faith Ministry! We appreciate your donations, your prayers, and your dedication to the ministry.