Building Houses, Pouring Roofs
This month, we completed construction on Casa #7 and Casa #8 in Reynosa, both of which were built by our staff and volunteers and funded by churches who were unable to send groups to Mexico this year; plus, we poured two roofs on Casa #4 and Casa #5. We are so excited to have built as many houses as we have this year without groups, but we are looking forward to working side-by-side with our friends from the U.S. soon! We will be building one more house next month before building seven houses with groups this fall and wrapping up the year with one last house built by our staff and volunteers. God is good!
Caring for the Kids
Throughout the pandemic, we have been able to continue serving the kids in Mexico through our children’s nutrition program with meals every morning in Reynosa and once a week in Miguel Alemán. This month, we also had a special donation from the kids at First United Methodist Church in McAllen; they put together fun activity bags for the children in Reynosa. Thanks to all of you who make this program possible!
A Visit from Friends
This month, our good friend and the current president of our Board of Directors Nathan Arledge came down for a visit, and this visit was extra special because, for the first time, he brought his wife Molly with him! We had a chance to show Molly around the ministry, reunite with old friends, and share a delicious meal together. David and his family also took Nathan and Molly to their hometown of Monterrey, Mexico, for the weekend, where they got to participate in lots of fun activities, including cheering on David’s soccer team, the Rayados. We have such a special appreciation for all of our friendships that we have formed through Faith Ministry; you all are truly family!
Welcome Back: Phase 2!
We are excited to announce Phase 2 of our plan to welcome back groups to Reynosa, starting September 1!
Here’s a recap of what Phase 2 looks like:
- Max group size is 12-15 people
- Everyone in the group must be fully vaccinated and must be at least 12 years old
- Masks will be required at all times when with the FM staff/volunteers/community in Mexico
Check out the full plan, FAQs, and an example of the covenant everyone will sign here: https://faithministry.org/welcome-back.
Our schedule for the fall season is fully booked, and we are so thankful for that! If you are interested in booking a group to come in 2022, or if you have any questions about Phase 2, email Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your patience as we have navigated these uncertain times. We know that by working together, we can continue making a difference and changing lives, in the safest way possible!
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Cesar, a good friend of the ministry, who was in an accident this week and is currently in the hospital. Pray for his healing and for his family as they support him during this time.
- Colleen, whose beloved dog of six years passed away this month; pray for peace and comfort for her.
- Continued peace and safety in Reynosa and Miguel Alemán and for our staff and the families that live there
- The health of our staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, and friends around the world
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Staff Vaccine Update
We are very happy to report that our remaining nine staff members in Reynosa and Miguel Alemán are receiving their first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine this week, and by Saturday, July 31, all will have received their first dose!
Also, our staff who are between 50 and 59 years old received their second doses two weeks ago and are now considered fully vaccinated!
Here’s an update on the vaccine status of our staff in McAllen, Reynosa, and Miguel Alemán:
This month, both David and Colleen were featured on Nathan’s Neighborhood, a podcast hosted by our good friend and Board president Nathan Arledge.
- Shelter From the Storm with David Rodriguez – David and Nathan talk about David’s personal experience with immigration and what it’s like to serve families in need on the border.
- Migrants Through Their Own Words: Guadalupe – Nathan talks with Guadalupe about her journey across the border from Central America and the violence and corruption that forced her out of her home country; Colleen translates Guadalupe’s story.
Thank you for everything you do to support Faith Ministry! We appreciate your donations, your prayers, and your dedication to the ministry.