First House of the Year: ✅
This month, we kicked off the 2020 construction season with the first team of the year building Casa #1 in Reynosa! They not only built a house, but they also worked in the garden, harvesting carrots and cilantro, and helped in the children’s nutrition program, making homemade donuts for the kids. We had a great time with them as they made new friends, reunited with old ones, and worked and fellowshipped with one another. Those relationships are the heart and soul of Faith Ministry, sharing the love and light of Christ with one another!
College Leadership Program
We’ve renamed our summer internship program, and we are so excited for summer 2020! We are looking for high school grads/college students (at least 18+) who are eager to serve in Mexico with us this summer, leading mission work groups on the job sites, engaging with groups and local volunteers and staff, and helping Faith Ministry wherever needed.
A few things are different this year:
1. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis, so the sooner you apply, the better!
2. We are filling scheduled time slots this year (in 10-week, 5-week, 4-week, or 3-week increments); see the website below for more details.
3. We’ve added an informal Skype/FaceTime/phone call to the application process to get to know you better!
4. You will be asked to arrive on a Thursday to allow for a day of training and orientation before you begin working with us.
Get all the information you need here & apply today at https://faithministry.org/get-involved/college-leadership. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch!
A Look Back at 2019
2019 was a fantastic year for us as we celebrated our 25th anniversary of making a difference on the border in Mexico! We saw physical and spiritual needs met for families through our 10 programs and our three churches, and we praise God for the lives changed last year. We know that friends like you and support like yours made 2019 a great one, so thank you and muchas gracias! Click to view, download or print our 2019 Annual Report.
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- The wife of Luz, our construction supervisor in Miguel Alemán, who fell and broke her arm. Pray for her as she recovers from that injury and also for Luz as he cares for her, while also keeping himself healthy
- Dora, one of our caretakers in Reynosa, as she continues to navigate decisions related to her wrist injury earlier this year. Pray for patience and guidance for her and her family.
- The families in Reynosa, Miguel Alemán, and Naranjito as they start this new year. While a new year might mean a fresh start for some, for others it can mean more challenges, more pain, and more struggles. Pray for peace and hope for these families in 2020.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”