Two Teams to Start the Year
This month, we kicked off 2018 with two teams building two homes for special families. January brought some very chilly temperatures and rain, but both teams, along with our staff and volunteers, did an awesome job. In addition to building houses, they also helped with the children’s nutrition program, taught in our sewing program, formed new relationships and spent time with old friends. It was a great start to the year!
A New Opportunity for Kids
At the end of last year, we launched a new program: our children’s music program! With the support of Malvern School of Music in Pennsylvania, we were able to start teaching guitar classes to children in Reynosa and Naranjito. So far, the children are loving it and are eager to learn more! We are excited to explore more possibilities as we grow the program, and we appreciate the support of MSoM. Dave, the school’s founder and director, was part of one of the teams this month and spent time jamming with Pastor Carlos and Cristian, our church intern and music instructor. Music always unites us!
2017 At a Glance
2017 was a fantastic year, and we give God all the glory and thanks for that. We experienced growth, hardships, unity, challenges, and above all, hope and faith in God’s goodness. We are grateful to all of you who were a part of making it a wonderful year. Click to view, download or print our 2017 Annual Report!
As a reminder for those who gave financially in 2017, you can access your tax statement online. Through our online system, you can create a secure account where you can easily access your tax statements, as well as edit your contact information and keep track of your donations throughout the year. There are a few simple steps to set it up:
- Click here and fill in the details under “Create a Secure Account.”
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL (this is important!) You should receive a confirmation email. In that email, click “Confirm my account.”
- You’ll be logged into your account! (you may need enter the password you created).
If you have any trouble creating or accessing your account, please contact Colleen at email@example.com.
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- The mother of Betty, our nurse in Reynosa, who was hospitalized earlier this month, though she is now at home recovering. Pray for her continued healing.
- The young son of Santiago, a volunteer who helps groups with pouring roofs, who is currently in the hospital and undergoing tests. Pray for his health and for comfort and peace for Santiago and his family.
- The continued safety of our communities in Reynosa and Miguel Alemán. Pray for God’s peace to reign in our area.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
We want to thank you all for making 2017 an awesome year! Check out this message of appreciation from our staff.