First House, First Team!
We kicked off the year with a team from Indianapolis, IN, building the first house of the year! They had a great time getting to know the family and our volunteers, seeing old friends, giving away toothbrushes and toothpaste to neighbors, cooking homemade donuts for the kids in the nutrition program, and showing the love of Christ to others. And they even ended up in the Reynosa newspapers (check out stories about the ministry in La Prensa and El Mañana)! It was great to kick off 2017 with this team, and we’re excited about the other 25+ teams coming our way this year!
We still have slots open for 2017; if you or someone you know is interested in bringing a team to Mexico, let us know! Check out our mission work group schedule to find a week that works for your team, and email Colleen for more information or to reserve a week!
That Time of Year…
Tax season! Through our online system, you can create a secure account where you can easily access your tax statements, as well as edit your contact information and keep track of your donations throughout the year. There are a few simple steps to set it up:
- Click here and fill in the details under “Create New Account.”
- CHECK YOUR EMAIL (this is important!) You should receive a confirmation email. In that email, click “Confirm my account.”
- You’ll be logged into your account! (you may need enter the password you created).
If you have any trouble creating or accessing your account, please contact Colleen at email@example.com.
A Look at 2016
We are incredibly thankful to God for the work that was accomplished last year, and we appreciate all of you for having a part in it! We experienced new challenges, areas of growth and many, many blessings from God. Click below to view, download or print our 2016 Annual Report!
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Deantin, who was recently hospitalized for pneumonia and other respiratory issues; he is now at home recovering. Pray for his health, recovery and strength, as well as for his wife Lidia.
- Matt, the father of Colleen (our communications coordinator), who is currently in the hospital with various health complications. Pray for his healing and for wisdom for the doctors and medical staff, as well as for comfort for his family.
- The family of three of our volunteers, Perla, Rosa and Rey David, whose father passed away unexpectedly last week. Pray for peace and comfort for them during this difficult time.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Luz Elena found out this month that, after waiting and praying, she and her family will finally be receiving a house, and she could not be more excited! Click to watch.