Friends in Town
This month, we were blessed with the visits of great friends! Our good friend and Board president Nathan visited us and brought two new friends from Charlotte, NC – Karen and Amy. We were thrilled to meet them and show them what we do here on the border! We were also lucky to have our good friends Tom and Karla visit and spend time with us on both sides of the border this month. Our staff in the U.S. and Mexico is loving having visitors again!
If you’d like to come down for a few days and see us, we’d love to have you! We do require you to be fully vaccinated and follow our protocol while here. You can find out more information here.
Wrapping Up Summer Houses
This month, we finished up Casa #9, our last house of the summer, and we poured the roof of Casa #6. We are so thankful to have built as many houses as we have this year, meaning that nine families have been blessed with a new home so far in 2021. We have big plans for the fall – eight houses total – and we are looking forward to ending the year with 17 houses built!
We’re Coming to Indianapolis!
David and Colleen will be visiting Indianapolis September 10-13, and we would love to see you if you’re in the area!
- Saturday, September 11, 1:00-4:00pm – our good friend will be hosting a potluck/pitch-in for us. Email Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to RSVP (note: must be fully vaccinated to attend)
- Sunday, September 12 – we will be at Southport Presbyterian Church for their worship services at 8:30am and 11:00am.
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Dr. Joaquin, our doctor at our medical clinic in Reynosa, who is dealing with health issues. Pray for his healing and strength.
- Cesar, a good friend of the ministry, who was hospitalized from an accident last month. He is home and getting better, but still needs our prayers for continued healing.
- Continued peace and safety in Reynosa and Miguel Alemán and for our staff and the families that live there
- The health of our staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, and friends around the world
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Staff Vaccine Update
Our update is the same this month as it was last month! Our remaining nine staff members in Reynosa and Miguel Alemán have received their first dose, and it is being reported that they will receive their second doses by mid-September and be fully vaccinated by the end of next month.
Thank you for everything you do to support Faith Ministry! We appreciate your donations, your prayers, and your dedication to the ministry.