For 29 years, Faith Ministry has been operating out of our office on 21st Street in McAllen. This month, we started a new chapter. This office is where Faith Ministry started with our founder Deantin and the first secretary Aurora. This place holds many memories and has helped bring us to where we are today. We are grateful for this space and for our friends at Betania Presbyterian Church for making it available for us for so many years.
We are now working from our new office, located at First United Methodist Church in McAllen. We are excited for this new chapter and what God has in store for Faith Ministry, and we are thrilled to be continuing to strengthen our partnership with our friends at FUMC.
- New address for packages: 4200 N McColl Rd, Bldg 200, Ste 203, McAllen, TX 78504
- Continue to send all mail and checks to: PO Box 756, McAllen, TX 78505
- Our phone number will remain the same (956-631-3567), but bear with us if you can’t get through right away. You can always email us at email@example.com, and we will get back to you right away.
Houses, Roofs, Groups, and More!
This month, we had our former Board member Tom and his granddaughter with us in Reynosa for a week, plus a visit from our friends at FUMC McAllen! We built two more houses and poured two more roofs, and we have a third house for the month under construction as we speak. As always, we had the chance with our visiting friends to help with the children’s nutrition program and deliver grocery packages and pray over families. God is good!
We have a few weeks open this summer for teams, and we are already taking reservations for 2024! If you are interested in bringing a group to Reynosa, have a look at our schedule and get in touch with Colleen.
Trip to Charlotte
Colleen had a wonderful trip up to Charlotte this month! She shared about Faith Ministry at Christ Lutheran Church’s three Sunday services and was able to reunite with some of our good friends in town. Thank you so much to all who made this trip possible and to Christ Lutheran for being such welcoming partners!
You have planted seeds in Mexico. Yes, you may have planted seeds in the soil of our garden and seen what it produced, but we’re talking about the seeds you have planted in the people here on the border in Mexico.
With your donations, your prayers, and your presence here, you have planted and watered seeds in the lives of adults and children most in need. And together, we have watched God make those seeds grow and change lives.
Every week through the spring, we’ll be sharing stories of those who have seen their lives changed through a seed that was planted years ago by Faith Ministry and friends like you. Donate today to plant a seed and change lives in Mexico.
“…God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose.” – 1 Corinthians 3:7-8
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Omar, who continues to struggle with a wide variety of health issues stemming from his fall and subsequent knee surgery last year, as well as a foot infection and subsequent surgery in December. He is still in Monterrey with his family, and we ask for your continued prayers for his health, wellbeing, and recovery, as well as for his comfort and peace.
- The health of our staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, and friends around the world
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Thank you for everything you do to support Faith Ministry! We appreciate your donations, your prayers, and your dedication to the ministry.