Community Center Update
Our staff and volunteers in Miguel Alemán are making great progress on our new community center there! The walls are up, the columns and ring are poured, and the two extra rows of block on top of the ring are laid. Next step: the roof! They are in the process of prepping the roof now, and we are expecting to pour it in late May or early June. The roof is the size of about seven houses, so with the Mexican summer heat, it will be quite the undertaking. We are so excited to see progress being made on this center; it is truly a dream becoming a reality!
Going Beyond Houses
House construction has always been an important part of what we do, but we are so excited about the growth we have seen in some of our other programs. We recently added our sewing instructor Oralia as a full-time employee; she will continue teaching sewing classes, as well as help with our nutrition program at the clinic. We have also found an instructor for our upcoming carpentry program; José, who was previously a nightguard for teams and now guards and takes care of the garden in Naranjito, will join us a few days a week to teach and train in the woodworking shop. We are also exploring ways to incorporate music into the ministry, and when a group from Pennsylvania was here this month, a member of the team gave guitar lessons to Pastor Carlos and set up some new drums in Naranjito, where he, Carlos, and a young drummer from the church there jammed one afternoon. It is great to see people’s unique skills used in special ways!
Help Us Out!
Many of you ask how you can help the ministry and the families here beyond a financial donation, and we are so thankful for your generosity! You can always check out our website at faithministry.org/give/our-needs to find out our current needs. One thing we don’t need are medicine bottles; for now, we have much more than necessary, and our storage is limited, but thank you for your overwhelming support!
Here are some of the items that we are in need of:
- Baby formula (for 0-12 month olds) – found at Sam’s Club, Walmart, and onAmazon
- Vitamins (adult and children)
- Accu-Chek Glucose Test Strips – found at Walmart
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Benito, our pastor in Miguel Alemán, and his wife, Carmen, who are doing an excellent job balancing the activities of the church there; pray for them and their family, for their health and for rest.
- Benigno, or Benny, one of our foremen in Miguel Alemán, who is experiencing health issues, including high blood pressure and diabetes. Pray for healing and guidance for him.
- Praise report! Ezequiel, one of our foremen in Reynosa, recently had an operation on his eye – we are happy to report that everything went well and that he is recovering at home with his family. Thank you for your prayers for him!
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Thank you for everything you do to support Faith Ministry! We appreciate your donations, your prayers, and your dedication to the ministry.
If you would like to get more involved with Faith Ministry, get in touch!
956-631-3567 (Monday – Friday, 9AM to 5PM)
David Rodriguez (Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Colleen Cook (Communications Coordinator, email@example.com)
Deantin Guerra (Founder/Emeritus Director, firstname.lastname@example.org)