Building Houses & Friendships
We continued our busy spring season this month hosting teams from Indiana, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina! They built houses and brought blessings, whether in the form of donating baby formula, harvesting produce in the garden, or building friendships with their Mexican brothers and sisters. We couldn’t have asked for a better way to finish off our spring season this month!
Children’s Day Festivities
Today is Día del los Niños, or Children’s Day, in Mexico, and we had to celebrate, of course! This past weekend, our Reynosa and Naranjito churches hosted a joint fiesta out in Naranjito, complete with songs and performances, face painting, a bouncy house, and stalls where kids could “buy” food and drinks. 50 adults and youth from both churches helped run the event with over 80 kids from church and the community in attendance. The theme of the fiesta was “God loves me just the way I am,” something important for each and every kid to know. It was a fun and meaningful day for everyone! Our church in Miguel Alemán will be celebrating this coming weekend – check out our Facebook page for photos!
Celebrating Birthdays and Babies!
If you know us at Faith Ministry, you know that we like any excuse for a cake, and we had a lot of opportunities for cake this month! Eight of our Faith Ministry staff celebrated a birthday in April:
- Benito, our pastor in Miguel Alemán
- Omar, our administrator in Reynosa
- David, our executive director
- Betty, our nurse in Reynosa
- Ana, our cleaning and support staff at the clinic in Reynosa
- Ismael, our construction and support staff in Reynosa
- Erika, our office assistant in Reynosa
- José, our garden caretaker in Naranjito
Plus, we had an extra special celebration this month. The voluntarias in Reynosa organized a baby shower for Julio (aka Chuky); he and his partner Norma are expecting a baby boy at the beginning of June! We are so happy for them and loved being able to celebrate Chuky becoming a father.
We believe in the power of prayer, so please join us in praying for:
- Nurse Betty’s mom, who was hospitalized last month, is stable and doing better, but continues to need prayers for her health. Pray for her healing, as well as her doctors and Betty and her family.
- Benito, our pastor in Miguel Alemán, who suffered a stroke at the end of last year, is also doing better with his speech and physical therapy. Pray that his recovery continues to go well!
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
25 Years in Photos
This one is a photo of a devotion service back in 1996. Back in the day before the church in Reynosa was built, we used to host the devotions inside the houses that were being built. Who wants to bet that the song being sung in this picture 23 years ago is one of the same songs we sing today? ??